#54 Brooke Hoskin ICN Bikini: PCOS & hormone management, are you cut out for competing? Never competing again to never slowing down!
June 02, 2021
This week’s episode was with the legend that is Brooke Hoskin who is an ICN Bikini competitor from NSW.
I’ve followed Brooke’s competing journey for a while so it was really awesome to sit down and get to know her! It was amazing hearing how she went from ‘never competing again’ to ‘never slowing down!’ She’s truly found her place in the sport and I’m so bloody excited/happy for her.
Plus she’s just a hilarious legend!
In this episode, Brooke and I cover:
- Brooke’s recent comp wins and Nationals appearance
- Back to back shows and applying judges feedback
- Are you ready or even cut out for competing?
- How Brooke went from ‘never competing again’ to winning to coming 2nd at Nationals
- Blowing our after her first show and how she pulled herself out of a dark place
- How Brooke fits it all in (spoiler: it involves 3am wake ups)
- PCOS diagnoses + hormone management
- Not being ready for her first show and the impact that had
- Being called ‘fat’ in her previous sport, which led her into fitness
- Brooke’s competing plans
- All about The I’m Sorry, What? Podcast
And SOOO much more!
If you want to follow Brooke’s journey you can do so at @brookehoskin and check out her podcast at @theimsorrywhatpodcast
If you love the episode don’t forget to share to your stories and tag us both in so we can see and share too!
Until next time…