#50 Courtney McConnell WBFF Bikini: Overcoming shyness, building confidence, powerlifting in your off season, waiting to compete when the time is right
April 21, 2021
This week’s episode is with the incredible Courtney McConnell who is a WBFF Bikini athlete and online nutrition and training coach from the gorgeous Gold Coast!
I absolutely love following Courtney on social media - not only does she put out super helpful macro friendly recipes and guidance all the time, but I really admire her style of training. She is one strong woman and we had a good chat on this episode about much we love compound lifting!
In this episode we spoke about:
- Finding fitness after coming back from a Contiki tour
- Learning to track macros before macro tracking was popular!
- Why Courtney waited until after 21st to compete
- Trying different federations
- Best show moments
- Learning the hard way to take a break between shows
- Trying out powerlifting comps
- Why being strong is THE BEST!
- Should you squat and deadlift as a bikini competitor…?
- Courtney’s passion for helping others develop confidence
- Tips for building confidence and overcoming shyness
- Courtney’s competing plans
And SOOO much more!
If you want to follow Courtney to learn more about her coaching services you can do so at @projectme_coaching and follow her journey to stage in October you can do so at @courtney_healthandfitness
If you love the episode don’t forget to share to your stories and tag us both in so we can see and share too!
Until next time…