The Secret Life of a Bikini Competitor
#47 Tamara Meyer WBFF Bikini Pro: why we love therapy, the power of self-belief, how to manage your ‘off days’, eating out when in prep
March 10, 2021
This week’s episode is with the incredible Tamara Meyer who is a WBFF Bikini Pro and online coach from Sydney.
I absolutely LOVED chatting with Tamara this week - she has an incredibly inspiring story and is just so down to earth and genuine. We also share the same passion for mental health and the benefits of therapy, so prep your ears for plenty of us just chatting about how great therapy is haha. But also prep your ears for a really awesome, chilled out chat.
In this episode we spoke about:
- Tamara’s business goals for the year ahead and how she navigated 2020
- Having a theme or a mantra for a year or a goal
- Tamara’s challenging childhood, including homelessness and a father struggling with a gambling addiction
- Overcoming a sleeping pill and antidepressants addiction and finding fitness
- Learning from bad preps and learning from failure
- Being diagnosed with Complex PTSD 6 weeks before turning pro
- Advice for how to show up when ‘motivation’ is low / how to manage your ‘off days’
- Why therapy is GREAT!!!
- Her top tips for eating out in and out of prep; how to track and mentally manage
- Tamara’s competing plans and goals for the year head
And SOOO much more!
If you want to follow Tamara to learn more about her coaching services and follow her journey to stage in October you can do so at https://www.instagram.com/tamarameyerfitness/
If you love the episode don’t forget to share to your stories and tag us both in so we can see and share too!
Until next time…